what we do
Hospice Care * Palliative Services * Grief Counseling
Pikes Peak Hospice & Palliative Care
has been the community leader in hospice and palliative care since 1980. While much has changed over that time, one thing hasn't: We believe that every day of life matters, and that every patient and family deserves expert care and compassionate personal attention at every stage of a serious illness.
Our experienced teams of hospice and palliative care experts surround patients and their families with the care they need. Our wide range of services means we can offer the ideal blend of therapies and practical support to meet each patient's personal goals and wishes. A few other things that set Pikes Peak Hospice & Palliative Care apart include:
• Fast response and 24/7 access to care
• A comprehensive team of hospice and palliative care experts: physicians,    nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, certified nursing assistants,    counselors, and chaplains
• The only dedicated hospice inpatient care unit in El Paso County
• The only hospice-owned pharmacy in the region--specializing in hospice
and palliative needs
• Caregiver education and support is available with resources and
• Therapies are available to relieve stress, decrease pain, and enhance the
patient's quality of life
• More than 600 trained volunteers supporting professional care teams
• Pikes Peak Hospice & Palliative Care's Center for Grief and Loss offers a    comprehensive grief support program for all ages, including, children.
• PPHPC is a national partner of We Honor Veterans
which recognizes our    commitment to providing the highest level of care to those who have served    our country.
• We are the only community-based, nonprofit hospice provider in El Paso    County.
Hospice care emphasizes comfort measures rather than cure-oriented therapies and interventions. It brings relief from pain and other symptoms, as well as emotional and spiritual support for both patients and their loved ones.
"Palliative" is a medical word that simply means comfort and relief. Palliative medicine specializes in relieving pain and other uncomfortable symptoms of advancing life-limiting conditions. It is appropriate at any stage of illness and can be provided at the same time as curative treatment - in other words, you can receive palliative care without receiving hospice services. Pikes Peak Hospice & Palliative Care
continually strives to provide you, our partner in care, with the information and resources you need.